Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Miss California

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Miss California

    God bless you, young lady! It's good to hear people that will stand up for their beliefs instead of being politically correct in this pansy-fied world we live in. If you didn't hear, her interview part of the pageant came in the form of the question "Do you think every state should follow suit of Vermont in allowing same-sex marriage?" Here is her answer:

    YouTube - Miss California Booed & Cheered For Same-Sex Marriage Answer.

    It's been all over the news today, how she blew her chance at the title with her "politically-uncorrect" answer. Like I said before, it's a breath of fresh air to see young people express their beliefs, even at the cost of personal gain. Miss California: My hero of the day!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost. Either way she's still as dumb as it gets.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    "And she still loses....."

    Well, that's why she lost. She spoke her mind and it cost her.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost. Either way she's still as dumb as it gets.

    Why is she as dumb as it gets? Because she doesn't agree with your view point?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Why'd it cost her? Pretty sure he was the only gay judge and pretty sure she didn't even answer the question.


    And I never said she was dumb for believing that, I just think she's dumb period.

    "I'm so glad we live in a land where we have the choice of same sex marriage and "opposite marriage".

    That's why.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    UH- OH!! HERE WE GO!! She spoke her mind and the liberal "judges" if you can call them "judge" voted her out. Seriously, how can Perez Hylton judge any beauty contest unless it is for drag queens?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    I bet burton 13 thinks ol Perez is hot.....
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Ha! This isn't the damn Supreme Court and no one can sit here and say they know she lost because she said that. Like I said, she didn't even answer the question. He asked if she thought the states should follow the others and legalize it, not if she was for it or not. She could have easily said "Though I do not support gay marriage, it's for the states to decide." That's making your little statement and answering the question at hand. This is the real world, you make your statement after you win..you don't blame it all on a theory of why you think you lost. She gets her 15 minutes, but no crown or money. If anyone seen Miss NC who won, you'd see why she did...just as gorgeous.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member lpdbsbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2007
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    Why'd it cost her? Pretty sure he was the only gay judge and pretty sure she didn't even answer the question.


    And I never said she was dumb for believing that, I just think she's dumb period.

    "I'm so glad we live in a land where we have the choice of same sex marriage and "opposite marriage".

    That's why.
    I dare say that you have, as we all have, found ourselves stumbling for the right word at some point in our lives. To say she is dumb is not fair. She was on a stage and being watched by millions when confronted with a controversial question. Call her dumb if you want, but I call her coureageous in standing for what she believed in regardless of what you, Hilton, or anyone else thinks!! By the way...I agree with her 100%

  10. #10
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    I don't agree with her standing, but I do give her props for not beating around the bush about it and trying to be politically correct. That's how it should be, despite your beliefs.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •